Saturday 2 May 2009

I fell asleep and started snoring ...

I thought I’d better post in case you thought I’d fallen in love with Mickey and run off into the sunset. I am still alive and … well … I just don’t have time to blog. Until I return next week I’ll just have to give you bits and bobs.





The Grand Floridian Spa


I had never had a spa experience before … or a proper massage … unless you call sitting on the living room floor whilst husband rubs my shoulders then declares he’s finished when he gets bored … until yesterday where I had a Swedish massage at the Grand Floridian.

I was more nervous before my massage than I was in the queue for any of the rides. I just didn’t know what to expect. How naked would I have to be?

After changing into a robe I sat in the luxury waiting area. I overheard snippets of conversations … “She pummeled my boobs” … “I fell asleep and started snoring” … “what if I fart?” and the panic rose

Terrified that a Russian shot putter would open the door, crack her knuckles and shout my name in a very deep voice then give me a fireman’s lift to the treatment room I shuddered in my robe.

As with all these things I needn’t have worried. I got little Lisa, a lovely lady who put me instantly at ease, rubbed away my aches and pains for 50 minutes and made me feel pampered.

Just for the record I can vouch that there was no snoring, farting or pummeling of boobs.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

LOL, I love a massage! The next time, get a deep tissue massage, they're much more beneficial.

PurpleClover said...

Wow! How did you manage to get a vacation at Disney without the kids?! Awesome!

family affairs said...

Looking forward to seeing your other random photos Lx

A Modern Mother said...

A massage is my most favourite and most missed thing. I'm sooooo jealous.##

Are you back?

Anonymous said...

There's nothing like a good massage! Sounds like you're having lots of fun.

CJ xx

exmoorjane said...

Yo mofo - there's Crystal just above me on the comments - and FA oops, maybe not the initials) too.
I'm looking forward to the other random photos too.
Could have happily stayed in that spa for the whole day - or even the whole week, come to that.