Wednesday 13 May 2009

The Cork Collection

The 4 year old used her imagination and created a piece of modern art on the living room carpet using our cork collection.

It took her a while, she enjoyed putting each of the corks out and talking to some of them(?).

Her 3 year old brother enjoyed knocking them all down. He was a human bowling ball. She took it in good spirit, for a change

Answering the inevitable questions;

You have a cork collection?
Yes, we have a cork collection.

Why do we have a cork collection?
I don't actually know. They just sit in those vases up there. We don't get out our corks of a night and compare them, they just sit.

How many corks do you have?
I am not entirely sure how many corks we have.

How long have you been collecting them?
Umm ... so you can work out our wine intake per day/month/year? Surely you have better things to do. Let's just say we've enjoyed every drop.

14 comments:

Unknown said...

LOL, glad you enjoyed every drop!

Katherine said...

My son is a collector of stones; we have a ton of them...all over the place. They have names and personalities and he always knows (strange kiddie 6th sense) when I've thrown one out of the window

Unknown said...

Wine o'clock then pet LOL

You've been awarded over at my place http://yummiemammy.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

Are you not incensed that so many wine companies have gone the way of plastic stoppers and screw on lids? However can we mark on consumption and events now?

BookChook said...

If it makes you feel any better, I also save corks. Someone told me they aren't using cork as much, but plastic instead, so I'm hoping to make a killing on e-bay when they become rare.

Seems to me your modern art would be even rarer!

Ian Newbold said...

Quality corkage.

AGuidingLife said...

I have a concern that the modern trend towards screw top may be affecting affecting your long-term cork goal!

At least now they are out of the vase they become another part of the burglar deterrent. :0)

sweet photo x

Lucy Filet said...

I used to have a cork collection but I decided that they were useless and threw them all away. I never thought of using them for children's toys.

Kat said...

Are they all actually cork or do you have some of the new fangled spongey not really cork corks?

Evil Twin's Wife said...

We used to keep corks too - especially of champagne (and date them according to the occasion). Then, I started buying wine in a box, so the cork collection kinda shriveled up - I finally threw them out. I like your little one's interpretation of modern cork art!

English Mum said...

I like books on cupcakes. I have lots. Every time a new one arrives off Ebay or Amazon my Hubby gives that 'oh dear, what a complete waste of my earnings' look - eyes raised to the ceiling. I can't help it. I'm going to collect corks too now though - so much cheaper, and I get to drink the wine. Yay!

DKC said...

We used to save corks, I probably still have a few tucked away somewhere.

I love it when kids make playthings out of "stuff".

Anonymous said...

You must drink a lot Laura, is all I can say!

Exmoorjane said...

Laura, how do you do it? You're better than the happy pills, you really are.
mofo award for you at my place but I've pucked up the link (trying to be clever and get everyone on one) so will sort that later.
jxxxx