Sunday 24 May 2009

Bedtime Stories according to the children (all 3 of them)

The people at Think Parents asked us to review Bedtime Stories.



MarMar came to babysit and, well ... we went out for the evening and she watched it with them.

Disclaimer : Just as we were leaving the 3 year old asked if it had started yet ... it was 15 minutes in. Based on that you can discount absolutely anything he says in the following review.

So, a review according to the 3, 4 and 13 year old.

So, kids, how was the film?

3 year old - There were sweets coming down

4 year old - It was good

13 year old - I didn't get it in the beginning, I thought it would be a bedtime story. By the end though it made sense and I thought it was really good.

What was the film about?

3 year old - There were sweets coming down

4 year old - Lots of stories that came true

13 year old - Bedtime stories that came true

What did you like?

3 year old - The man had a bee on his tongue. It stinged him.

4 year old - The hamster was really funny. It was running on a wheel and watching telly. And I liked the mermaid. And the really funny man, he kept trying to kiss the lady and another man kept kicking him.

13 year old - I liked that the Bedtime Stories linked with his life. It was really clever the way it connected and things happened.

Anything you disliked?

3 year old - Yeah, no

4 year old - When the boy kicks the man, it was really nasty

13 year old - The little guy, he kept kicking the couple as they were about to kiss

Did the film have a happy ending?

3 year old - Yes, it's off now

4 year old - Yes, because they kissed and no one kicked them

13 year old - Umm, I can't remember, but they kissed

Marks out of 5?

3 year old - 5/5 (probably copying his sisters)

4 year old - 5/5 (and has since asked to watch it again ... twice)

13 year old - 4/5

8 comments:

DKC said...

Love it! I wish I could record my kids 24/7. I know I don't remember all the funny stuff they say. Guess that's part of why we blog!

Perfectly Happy Mum said...

I love the "did the film have a happy ending?" "Yes it is off now" does it mean "thank god it is over"? is it a positive comment? I love kids! :)

Sparx said...

Highly amusing! I have no idea what the film was about however...

AGuidingLife said...

I think you must be having a good time doing all this "work"!

I left you an award on my site.
Hope you don't mind, the theme of gratitude (for your children and luck ib life) seemed to fit you very well.

Anonymous said...

My daughter will watch it, she's three as well, but it's only for that hamster. And the bubble gum fallin from the sky. That's it. It's a good movie but it's more of that 5 and up kids I think.

Lucy Filet said...

It's actually fascinating how alike the four and thirteen year old's reviews were.

Kat said...

I need to rent this movie. Haven't had a chance to see it yet.

Jo Y said...

I love your kids reviews, so sweet, my girls love Bedtime Stories!