- She speaks first, thinks later.
- If she has too much sugar (a droplet of Ribena and a Jelly Baby is enough) she shouts like a bellowing bison in her sleep.
- She tells you “I know that” with an air of authority before you’ve finished your sentence.
- She doesn’t like boys, she only likes girls … but she likes her brother … but not always.
- She wants pasta for tea … no, she wants chicken … no, she wants sausages … no, she definitely wants pasta
- She wants to marry her brother even though she likes her brother … but not always.
- If something doesn’t happen fast enough (like NOW) she weeps with frustration.
- She doesn’t want school dinners she wants a packed lunch … but she still wants to have rice pudding on a plate and the chocolate with onions in it.
- She loves PE because she plays the ‘toilet’ game (it is genuine) but hates PE because she can’t get her tights back on without assistance.
- When playing games she has exasperating determination – she takes her father’s ethos of “you play to win at ALL costs”.
- She wants to wear shorts and a vest because it’s frosty outside and the sun is bound to come out later because she’s been crossing her fingers.
I find the whole thing baffling.
The 2 year old sticks his tongue out and blows a raspberry if life isn’t going his way. Now that I understand.