Sunday 22 March 2009

He had clearly left his personality at home

I went to a meeting on Friday in the centre of Leeds. The meeting was in a huge glass fronted office block.

To enter the building I had to use a revolving door. I pushed and it moved, but it was very stiff. As I popped out the other side into the reception I thought ‘surely it shouldn’t have been that hard’ and released a “Phew!”

The sullen faced security guard manning the reception said in a monotone voice “You went through it the wrong way”.

Thinking it hilarious I laughed and said “I bet loads of people do that, ha ha, how funny!”

He looked at me and said “No, just you”.

14 comments:

Metropolitan Mum said...

Haha. Nice one!
I once ran naked into a glass door (I had just been popping out of the sauna). My friend, who was standing at the other side of the door, almost fell over with laughter...

PurpleClover said...

Oh my goodness, thank you for reminding me that there are people all over the world that are just as silly as me! haha.

AS for the security guard...I'm sure he was laughing inside. ;)

pinkgecko said...

Sounds just like me. But normally with heavy bags of shopping being dropped everywhere at the same time.

DJ Kirkby said...

Now that is just tooooo funny! Really made me giggle.

b said...

What a giggle, typical testerone male, no personality!

Anonymous said...

Priceless!

GG

Anonymous said...

oooh he got out of the wrong side of the bed, didn't he!

Lucy Filet said...

I literally laughed out loud.

After we moved from Africa (where we didn't have fancy things like revolving doors or escalators) one of my boys got knocked down and pushed 'round in a revolving door until the security guard rescued him.

tony said...

Ah That Good'ol Dry Yorkshire Humour!

Anonymous said...

Grump old sod! Bet he says that at least 5 times a day!

Tim Atkinson said...

Look, it could've been worse. At least you weren't wearing what Metropolitan Mum was wearing...

Jinksy said...

Not too good with interpersonal skills, that doorman!

A Mum said...

oh how perfect. did you giggle and get back in?

Anonymous said...

Ah yes, the No Just You experience. It always makes me want to drop through a hole in the ground and come out in Australia. Or preferably not come out at all.

It always seems to happen when I'm eating out. Somewhere along the line I manage to say something totally stupid about the menu or the food. Clearly I come from the wrong side of the tracks.