Thursday 16 April 2009

Breakfast at Ariel's ...

So, I told you I was going away (Travel and relaxation? In the same sentence?) and up until today I couldn't tell you where.

Now I can spill ... I'm going to Walt Disney World, Florida to do a parent review ... without children or husband ... A.L.O.N.E

... which is strictly not true, because I'm going away with some other fantastic Mummy bloggers.

My initial reaction to spending 5 nights sans enfant was one of absolute wild hysteria. That is 'Hooooray, uninterrupted sleep hysteria' and not 'rocking back and forth how will they cope without me? hysteria'.

Now it has actually sunk in I am swinging from Hooray hysteria to 'how will I cope without them?' hysteria.

I haven't told the children yet, mainly because they wouldn't really have any comprehension of where it is and what it is that I'm doing ... unless of course I mentioned to the 4 year old that I'm having breakfast at Ariel's ... which of course I won't, for fear of finding her in my luggage on arrival at Orlando airport.

I spent Saturday driving to Liverpool to renew my passport (Oh, how I have aged in ten years). I have no sense of direction but was pretty confident that with optimistic thoughts and a bit of sunshine I'd find it.

My Dad heard that I was going alone and told me in no uncertain terms he would be my navigator. This was fortunate. Apart from the fact that my sister pointed out over the weekend I drive like Cruella de Vil ... ten minutes into our journey I hadn't a clue which way to go!

The reason I'm doing this review is thanks to these people;






www.thinkparents.net

Go along and register.

Hopefully the next review trip won't be a ten hour coach trip with children!

Smug? Me? Nah!

20 comments:

b said...

How utterly fab, have a wonderful time, looking forward to hearing all about the trip.

Mum Gone Mad said...

I am not jealous I am not jealous I am... oh who am I kidding, have a fantastic time!

Amy said...

Oh how fun!!

Our trip to Disney a year ago was a bit of a bust. They should really send us back for another go at it I think!

Ladybird World Mother said...

You are so so so so so so lucky. Have the best time. When do you go??x

Catherine said...

Excellent! I can't go as far as Tesco's without mine in tow. Have fun :)

Working Mum said...

I don't get it. A parent review, but you are going without children? Surely that's just an 'adult review'? Any which way, it sounds like good fun. Enjoy!

Littlemummy said...

Can't wait to meet up, I'm worried about missing the wee one too, we can cry into our cocktails together :)

Michelle said...

Wow. You're so brave for going to the WD World. I haven't had enough liquid courage to make a decision that risky.

Catharine Withenay said...

Wow - you'll have a great time! Don't worry about the children - you'll probably find they don't worry about you! Just enjoy the massive hugs when you get back home.

Stephanie said...

That is a great sounding vacay. Yeah You!

Maternal Tales said...

I want to come too. Can you fit me in your suitcase instead??

Tears...

Have a great time. Don't worry about the kiddies. They'll be fine (and so will you) x

Merrily Down the Stream said...

You are so fancy!

Unknown said...

can i come, can i come, can i come? sounds great, although i think there might need to be much drinking to survuve it. Fantastic to have a holiday without your kids, but the payoff is you have to put up with lots of other peoples children. Such is the luck of mothers...:)
Have a brilliant time!

Metropolitan Mum said...

Brilliant!! Give a hug to Poo Bear and a kiss to Ariel. Are you sleeping in the princess castle?

Laura - Are We Nearly There Yet Mummy? said...

B - Hopefully I'll be blogging my way round.
MGM - Thank you, I will!
Amy - I'll suggest they invite you back for a second go.
Ladybird - That is classified information ... but less sleeps than last week
Adventure - I refuse to go to Tesco with mine
Working Mum - I don't get it either, I might take cardboard cutouts
Little Mummy - I hadn't thought of the cocktails, imagine the names they give them at Disney ... 'Pooh On the Beach'
Michelle - I'm still in shock!
Catherine - I'm sure I'll be fine for the first 48 hours!
MOdernMum - Thanks!
Maternal Tales - Do you know if I had a pound for every person that's asked that ...
Merry - Fancy is as fancy does. Thanks for the tips btw.
Zoo - No, no, no
Met Mum - I will, not sleeping in the pricess castle, something beachy!

Mary T said...

Am so gutted I can't come as your plus 1 but at least I'll be in sunny Majorca hiding my moustache under a sombrero!

Sparx said...

Ooh, have a lovely time; I'm not jealous either, really I'm not...

English Mum said...

I'm coming too! Can't wait to share a 'Pooh on the Beach' with you all (my children are still not talking to me by the way, so I think silence is the way to go) xx

family affairs said...

At least you can get away with not telling your children - how do you think mine are going to react aged 15,13 and 10 when I tell them that I'm going to Disneyland on my own!! Lx

Exmoorjane said...

Looking forward to meeting you too! I also don't get the 'going without the kids' bit but hey, like you - the idea of an unshared bed is bliss.....